16 Jul Most expensive Paintings sold in Spain in 2019: Top10
So far these are the best Painting sales realized in Spain at Art Auctions. Follow up updates until the end of 2019.
1. Portrait of a lady with a little more than half a body with Cupid, by the circle of Gandolfi or Giulio Cesare Procaccini.
Sold in Abalarte in the month of February, it came out under the cataloging of “Circle of Gandolfi” for € 5,000. It was awarded after a dizzying rise by € 950,000, and later it was announced the more than possible attribution to Giulio Cesare Procaccini.
2. 287 Carbeca, by Fernando Zóbel.
Sold in Ansorena in the month of March, this work reached a higher price in the auction, but its initial buyer backed out and was awarded, after sale, to a bidder who acquired it for € 260,000.
3. Ma sobre negre, by Antoni Tàpies.
4. San Pedro meditando, by José de Ribera.
Sold in Isbilya, in February, for the starting price: € 150,000. A surprise for many, that we considered an excessive price for a work of difficult audience.
5. Máscaras de las escobas, by José Gutiérrez Solana.
Sold in Ansorena, in February (it was a great month for Spanish auctions, undeniably), for € 110,000.
6. Characters and still life, by Rafael Zabaleta.
Sold in Retiro in February, for the starting price: € 100,000. Again, a surprise, considering an excessive price for the piece in our country. Sometimes, buyers appears.
7. Palette, by Joaquín Sorolla and more.
Segre, in tApril. It was sold for € 95,000, from a € 50,000 sale.
8. Portrait of silversmith Antonio Martínez, by Francisco Bayeu.
Again we see the presence of Ansorena (and remember that it is already the third work that falls in the top 10). Sold in May for € 90,000, it was also an announced sale. It was bought, in addition, by the Spanish State.
9. Birth of Christ, by Alonso Berruguete.
An after sale, the second of the top. This time in Segre, in April´s auction. Next day found a buyer for € 80,000.
10. Baldassare Franceschini (Il Volterrano).
The most recent, a work that exceeded its estimate of € 60,000 and was awarded € 80,000, sold in June at La Suite.
Más noticias de Arte
Especialista en pintura moderna, tasadora y perito. Graduada en Historia del Arte por la Universidad de Salamanca.